Courtesy of Wikipedia
There have been thirteen Chief Constables of Hampshire.
- 1839–1842 – Captain George Robbins
- 1842–1856 – Captain William Charles Harris
- 1856–1891 – Captain John Henry Forrest
- 1891–1893 – Captain Peregrine Henry Thomas Fellows (d. 1893)
- 1894–1928 – Major St Andrew Bruce Warde
- 1928–1942 – Major Ernest Radcliffe Cockburn
- 1942–1962 – Richard Dawnay Lemon (b. 29 May 1912 d. 5 Aug 2004)
- 1962–1977 – Sir Douglas Osmond1977–1988 –
- 1977 – 1988 John Duke Esq. C.B.E. QPM (d. 26 Feb 1989)
- 1988–1999 – Sir John Hoddinott C.B.E., QPM, M.A. (b. 1944 d. 13 Aug 2001)
2007 Tablet – click to enlarge
- 21 Sep 1999–16 Oct 2008 – Paul Kernaghan CBE, QPM, L.L.B., M.A.
- 16 Oct 2008- 2013 Alex Marshall
- 2013 – Andy Marsh joined Hampshire Constabulary as deputy chief constable in September 2010 from Avon and Somerset Constabulary, where he was assistant chief constable. Mr Marsh was the first chief constable to be appointed by Hampshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner Simon Hayes.
- 25th November 2015
Statement from our Chief Constable Andy Marsh following the announcement that there will be no further cuts
to the police budgets:
“The public are the real winners in today’s decision.
“I would like to thank my staff and officers, the public, our Commissioner, our independent Advisory Group chair, the local MPs who have made the case, the media who have given us a platform to make the case, and our Federation for their support.
“Crime is changing and so is policing. The cuts of recent years have been hard and there remain difficult times ahead, but we must now take this opportunity.
“To meet the needs of the victims of tomorrow and to build morale among police officers and staff we must keep innovating. This will create a sustainable future where we can deliver an even better service for a public whose expectations will have gone up as a result of this decision
- 4th April, 2016 new Chief Constable, Olivia Pinkney see https://twitter.com/HantsPolice?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Arthur Charles WEST- OBE KPM
CHIEF CONSTABLE 1958 – 1963