On the 1st October 1920 the Portsmouth Police Force extended its responsibility to Cosham, under the boundary extension and took over the Windsor Road Police Station from the Hampshire County Police.
On the 4th December 1925, the Chairman reported the receipt of a letter from Mr.A.W. Field stating that he brought 32 Windsor Road (the house next to the Police Station) from a Mr. Brown far the sum of £670, and asked whether the Committee desired to secure the premises from him, for the same price.
The Chairman explained the desirability of the Fire Appliance and members of the Cosham Police Station being housed together, and that the present High Street premises used by the Police were rented from Mr.J.C. Long an a monthly tenancy at an annual rental of £20 – the tenants paying rates and keeping the premises in good repair.
This would appear to refer to No.52 High Street, Cosham which housed a Volunteer Fire Brigade Station. Resolved to be recommended to the Council that 32 Windsor Road be purchased for £670.
Another reference is made on the 4th September 1945, when the Chief Constable reported that the temporary bullring used as a Police Station at Northern Road, Cosham had become uninhabitable, owing to the partial collapse of the roof and excessive dampness. Arrangements approved for personnel to be housed at the Windsor Road Police Station and for the Main Control to be housed in the adjoining premises.
On the 21st March 1952 it was decided that the old Windsor Road Police Station be converted into 2 dwellings for police families.
On the let July 1952, when tenders were opened for the conversion of Windsor Road Police Station into police housing, the lowest tender which was accepted, was for £1890 from Messrs. Healy & Evans Ltd.